ChristVictoriousontheCross

ChristVictoriousontheCross
ChristVictoriousOntheCross

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Victory In the Cross of Christ: Overcoming my Shame of SSA

Today I was inspired to revise and update my previous post from 2012, adding definitions of terminology used that may not have been familiar to some of my readers, relevant Bible verses, and links to pertinent websites. Please feel free to read my revised post and share it with whomever you feel may benefit from reading it. May God bless each and everyone of us and our loved ones with the abundant life in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior!

Victory In the Cross of Christ: Overcoming my Shame of SSA: You know what my problem is? I feel disempowered . I would like to shout out that,  "I'm a Catholic, single male, I'm 40...

Also read some thought provoking articles by Aaron Taylor, Doctoral Student in Theological Ethics http://aarontaylorethics.wordpress.com/online-articles/

Blogs by Dawn Eden, Jewish convert to Catholic faith, child sex abuse survivor, overcoming SSA in pursuit of Chastity:http://www.patheos.com/blogs/feastofeden/

Catholic Courage member writes on the the subject of SSA: http://letterstochristopher.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/papal-theologian-on-gay-identity/

Download and listen to talks on Living with SSA as a Catholic and similar topics on Catholic Answers: http://www.catholic.com/radio/shows/living-with-same-sex-attraction-8739#

4 comments:

  1. Yo Brother, I get ya. You are not your fallen nature! As in Baptism we rise to a new life, far different from our "Old Man", because of the death of Jesus on the cross first, and then symbolically arising with Him to newness of Life. The seal of Baptism is just that, for our God is a jealous God! As long as we keep looking forward, and not yearning for the "fleshpots of Egypt", we will carry the cross Jesus gives each soul, and run our race with Victory in sight. [These phrases come from an old translation I heard preached long ago. :)]

    Best of God's merciful Grace and bounty of the New Kingdom of God, the core of what Jesus was all about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vijay!

    Perhaps the discussion which will result from Francis' comments on the properness of judging folks with SSA will embolden our other pastors to finally realize that outstreached arms often only serve to keep those in need at a distance. I pray that they will begin to bend those arms in order to embrace ALL of the 'lepers' in this great colony which the Great Physician began in order to heal us.

    ReplyDelete